Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Vehicles, Trailers and Boats


This waste stream includes any boat, trailer, motor home, travel trailer, car, truck, motorcycle or any other vehicle vessel or trailer once registered with a State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Do you have an older car that you want to sell or get rid off? These outlets will help you to do just that! Even a very old car has reusable metal in it that can be recycled to make new cars and other metal products.

Learn How to Get a DMV Junk Receipt - Click HERE

Waste Guide


    Green Sheet-White Sheet

    Inland Auto Dismantlers Association

    Junk My Car


    Pomona Swap Meet and Car Show



    The Clunker Junker

    Donate your car to charity. Contact your desired charity directly to see if they have a vehicle donation program. Make sure the charity is registered with the IRS, and you complete the proper IRS paperwork to secure your tax deduction. See for more information.

    Riverside County’s Code Enforcement operates the Junk Your Clunker! Program. They will remove unwanted vehicles from your property in unincorporated Riverside County. See for more information, including contact information.

    For those in possession of DMV Form REG 462 completed by a City Code Enforcement Agency, please note this form is intended for disposal at a scrap processor facility and will not be accepted as a "DMV Junk Receipt" for disposal at County operated landfill facilities. 

    Riverside County Landfills

    Many recycling centers and auto recycling facilities will not accept recreational vehicles (RVs) such as boats, campers, travel trailers and motor homes that have little to no metallic content when compared to the wood, fiberglass and other non recyclable material commingled in the vehicle. For this reason, Riverside County offers disposal or recycling services at all County landfills for these items when other recycling options are not available.

    The following items must be removed from any vehicle prior to acceptance:

    • Lubricating oils including motor, transmission, differential, etc.
    • Cooling liquids (radiator fluids)
    • Batteries
    • Appliances from RVs, including stoves, ovens, and air conditioners.

    In addition, a Junk Receipt must be obtained from the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) as described below and present it to the Gate Services Assistant at the landfill.

    Customers are directed to place these items in the specified recycling area in a manner that prevents breakage. Waste loads containing these items which are mixed with solid waste will be refused.

    Locations & hours

    Fee schedule:  Hard-to-handle disposal rates apply

    Junk Receipt

    For any item that is presently or has previously been registered with the DMV and had a Certificate of Title ("pink slip") on file, the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) requires that a Junk Receipt be obtained by the legal owner before a registered vehicle, trailer or boat is junked, recycled or disposed of. If you have an abandoned vehicle on your property and do not have the Certificate of Title you may file a lien sale with the DMV to obtain the Junk Receipt.

    A Junk Receipt may only be issued by the DMV for the state where the vehicle was last registered. When requesting a Junk Receipt from the DMV, the owner will need to present the following to the DMV:

    • The California Certificate of Title.  The title must be endorsed for transfer of ownership of the vehicle if the vehicle is not registered in the current owner's name.
    • The license plates from the vehicle to be junked.
    • The processing fee to file the Junk Receipt.

    The official Junk Receipt looks like a registration card but it will say "Junked" at the bottom and when it is issued, it will cancel out the pink slip. Contact the DMV at (916) 657-7617, 1-800-777- 0133 or for more information.

    Junk Receipt Example

    This information above is offered as a public service in an effort to eliminate illegal and improper waste disposal. As the information may not be comprehensive, the Department encourages the public to research additional companies that are available for the services sought. The companies are not affiliated, endorsed or regulated by the Department. Accordingly, as with any professional service, please confirm the accuracy of the company’s information and request copies or verification of the company's license and/or permits to provide the service, prior to utilizing its services. Under no circumstances, directly or indirectly, shall the Department be held responsible or liable for reliance on this information.  If you would like to include your company on the list, please contact or call (951) 486-3200.