Regional Permanent & Temporary HHW Collection Facilities **FREE**
Riverside County operates permanent HHW facilities that offer service on a regular basis and temporary 1-day and 2-day HHW events throughout the year that provide residents of Riverside County a FREE and environmentally safe way to properly dispose or recycle hazardous household waste. Facilities are closed on designated holidays.
- Used Oil and Filters
- Latex/Oil-Based Paint
- Fluorescent Tubes/Bulbs
- BBQ & Camp Size Propane
- Aerosol Cans
- Auto/Household Batteries
- Garden Chemicals
- Pool Chlorine
- TVs and Computers
- Electronic Waste
- Unused medication (except controlled substances)
- Government, Business, Real Estate, Non-Profit, or Out-of-County Hazardous Waste
- Explosives or Ammunition
- Controlled Substances
- Infectious Waste (except Sharps)
- Radioactive Material (except smoke detectors)
- Remediation Material
- Containers larger than 5 gallons or weighing more than 50 pounds
- Cylinders greater than 40 pounds
Regional Antifreeze, Battery, Oil (and Filter) and PaintCare Collection Facilities **FREE**
ABOP and PaintCare facilities only accept the most common types of HHW (non-contaminated antifreeze, all battery types, used motor oil and oil filters, and paint). Additional items may be accepted on a facility specific basis. These facilities are not permitted to collect other types of HHW. Facilities are closed on designated holidays.
RIVERSIDE COUNTY OPERATED FACILITIES
Riverside County operates the following locations:
- Murrieta ABOP and PaintCare Facility
- Beaumont ABOP and PaintCare Faclity (expanded site)
- Moreno Valley ABOP and PaintCare Facility (expanded site)
PRIVATELY OPERATED FACILITIES
Please call the phone numbers listed on the flyer to verify operating hours.
Burrtec operates the following locations:
- North-West Coachella Valley ABOP and PaintCare Facility located at the Edom Hill Transfer Station
- East Coachella ABOP and Paint Care Facility located at the Coachella Transfer Station.
CR&R operates the following locations:
- Anza ABOP and PaintCare Facility located at the Anza Transfer Station
- Idyllwild ABOP and PaintCare Facility located at the Idyllwild Transfer Station.
Where Can I Take My Waste?
Use the site locator tool below to find the location closest to you. If you waste type is not listed, go to the Waste Guide for additional information.
View Locator in a full screen map
Biohazard Labels (English)
- Temporary HHW Facilities
Needle & Sharps Kiosk Locations **FREE**
ONLY residentially generated needles and sharps are accepted at these locations.
For more information on proper needle and sharps disposal, including the locations of sharps disposal locations, click HERE for the sharps flyer.
Additional HHW Services Provided by Other Agencies
Additional Hazardous Waste services are available to residents in the following cities. Proof of residency is required for these services.
City of Palm Desert
City of Rancho Mirage
Participating PaintCare locations accept oil based paint and other paint products. For a complete list of PaintCare accepted products, please visit the PaintCare website.