Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Fire Debris

Fire debris resulting from fire damaged structures may contain categories of wastes which are hazardous or otherwise regulated (e.g., hazardous waste, household hazardous wastes, universal wastes, asbestos, and lead) that have been damaged and mixed with other acceptable non-hazardous ash and solid waste. 

Disposal Locations

Riverside County Landfills

Riverside County landfills accept fire debris waste from structures if owners and contractors perform the following prior to removing and disposing of fire debris from damaged structures:

  • Remove and properly dispose of all retrievable hazardous components including household hazardous waste products and commercial hazardous waste chemicals. See the Business Hazardous Waste page and the Household Hazardous Waste page for more information.
  • Remove all retrievable appliances including refrigerators, washers & dryers, water heaters, etc. See Appliance page for more information regarding appliances.
  • Obtain an asbestos clearance from a Certified Asbestos Consultant (CAC) and file a notification for demolition/renovation of asbestos materials, if necessary, pursuant to the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) Rule 1403. More information on notification requirements for demolition/renovation of asbestos materials can be found on or by calling the agency directly at (909) 396-2000.

Locations & hours

Fee schedule:  Routine refuse disposal rates apply

Note: Customers may be held personally liable for the cost of fire suppression activities, damage to landfill equipment, and injury to personnel if they dispose of hot ash which results in a trash or landfill fire.

Waste Guide

This information above is offered as a public service in an effort to eliminate illegal and improper waste disposal. As the information may not be comprehensive, the Department encourages the public to research additional companies that are available for the services sought. The companies are not affiliated, endorsed or regulated by the Department. Accordingly, as with any professional service, please confirm the accuracy of the company’s information and request copies or verification of the company's license and/or permits to provide the service, prior to utilizing its services. Under no circumstances, directly or indirectly, shall the Department be held responsible or liable for reliance on this information.  If you would like to include your company on the list, please contact or call (951) 486-3200.