Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Designated Waste

Designated Waste

Designated waste is considered waste that meets either of the following conditions as defined in the California Water Code section 13173:

  • Hazardous waste that has been granted a variance from hazardous waste management requirements pursuant to Section 25143 of the Health and Safety Code.
  • Non-hazardous waste that consists of, or contains, pollutants that, under ambient environmental conditions at a waste management unit, could be released in concentrations exceeding applicable water quality objectives or that could reasonably be expected to affect beneficial uses of the waters of the state as contained in the appropriate state water quality control plan.

For questions concerning designated waste please contact the Riverside County Department of Waste Resources at (951) 486-3200. The Department’s Waste Approval Process package can be obtained by calling (951) 486-3200 or visiting the Waste Approval page. The Waste Approval Process package includes contact information for local agencies and sample letter to help customers properly classify their waste and obtain approval for the use of a County Landfill if the waste is deemed acceptable.

Waste Guide

This information above is offered as a public service in an effort to eliminate illegal and improper waste disposal. As the information may not be comprehensive, the Department encourages the public to research additional companies that are available for the services sought. The companies are not affiliated, endorsed or regulated by the Department. Accordingly, as with any professional service, please confirm the accuracy of the company’s information and request copies or verification of the company's license and/or permits to provide the service, prior to utilizing its services. Under no circumstances, directly or indirectly, shall the Department be held responsible or liable for reliance on this information.  If you would like to include your company on the list, please contact or call (951) 486-3200.