Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Bottles and Cans

Bottles and Cans

When you go and enjoy the great outdoors of California, and you take beverages with you, remember to save your bottles and cans for recycling. There are many ways that you can recycle your bottles and cans, including:

Take bottles and cans to a local recycler to get your deposit back.

Collect bottles and cans for donation to a local community school or organization with a recycling program. Place the bottle and can into your curbside recycling container at home. Bottles and cans placed in your curbside recycling container will get recycled. The contents in your curbside container are taken to a Material Recovery Facility (MRF) where the materials are recovered for recycling.

Recyclable materials placed in the trash are not recycled at the landfill. Waste that is placed in your curbside solid waste trash will go straight to the landfill for burial. Do your part and help reduce needless waste going to the landfill.

Recycling Locations
Certified Recycling Centers 

California Refund Value (CRV) is the amount paid by consumers at the checkout stand and paid back to consumers when they recycle eligible aluminum, plastic, glass and bi-metal beverage containers at certified recycling centers. Visit the California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery's (CalRecycle) website at for recycling locations.


Waste Guide

This information above is offered as a public service in an effort to eliminate illegal and improper waste disposal. As the information may not be comprehensive, the Department encourages the public to research additional companies that are available for the services sought. The companies are not affiliated, endorsed or regulated by the Department. Accordingly, as with any professional service, please confirm the accuracy of the company’s information and request copies or verification of the company's license and/or permits to provide the service, prior to utilizing its services. Under no circumstances, directly or indirectly, shall the Department be held responsible or liable for reliance on this information.  If you would like to include your company on the list, please contact [email protected] or call (951) 486-3200.